Employers: Looking for a way to promote health and wellness in your organization? Want a creative team building exercise? The Great Rift Valley Ultra Marathon has a corporate team relay along with this race. We invite your organization to form one or multiple teams of employees to join us on race day.
Each entry comes with one 4m x 4m space for you at the event expo to pitch your company stand for the weekend!
The relay will be held on December 8, 2019 at 6am in conjunction with the 52km ultra marathon, and runners of 2-4 member relay teams will run the 52km course. Each member of a 4-person team, for instance, will run 13km on average, though the legs will vary slightly.
Register your team online today, all you need is the team captain, you can fill in the rest later!
The Corporate Relay is a great opportunity to encourage a life of fitness and health amongst your employees, corporate engagement within the community, and of course some healthy competition amongst fellow businesses and teams.
Why Corporate Relay?
Benefits to the team
This event is designed as a healthy alternative to corporate entertainment to bring people together from across your business and the wider business community, and is a brilliant opportunity for:
- team building, employee engagement and encouraging goodwill and camaraderie amongst employees
- promoting health and fitness in the workplace
- supporting the community through charity fundraising
- local marketing and networking
- company profile raising via social media
- a fun-packed corporate day out for your employees!
- Participant shirt for each team member.
- Custom relay finisher’s medal for each runner.
It’s a team-building awayday, business exhibition and fun corporate day out all rolled into one!
There are other similar athletic events in the Kenya but few offer opportunities to the companies entering to promote themselves and their services. Our Corporate Relay is not just a running event, they’ll be other activities to keep spectators, customers, families and friends engaged, as well as a platform for you to network with and market your business, products and services to other businesses and participants.
Each team must allocate a single individual to act as Team Captain. The Team Captain will manage the team and will be the only point of contact with the Event Organiser. The Team Captain is responsible for:
- Forming a team or teams
- Recruiting runners
- Finalising entry details
- Submitting the entry
- Liaising with the Event Organiser
- Managing the team
- Distribute all race information to the team
- Ensuring all members of the team are aware of all relevant race information and rules
- The Event Organiser will only communicate with the Team Captains.
- Teams must run under a company name.
- Please note that teams may consist of runners or walkers who do not work for the company, however we do try to encourage teams to have runners from their own organisation.
- Runners must be over 16 years of age.
- Each team must allocate a Team Captain.
Teams of 2 to 4 people (from your company) will work together to complete the 52km ultra marathon course by running or walking the various legs of the course. Each of the 4 legs will vary in length from 10Km up to 15Km. Team members can choose the one that works best for them. All changeover locations of the Corporate Relay are clearly marked along the race route. The route is open until 4:00pm to finish the event.